Reporting to: Head of Programs & Operations
Department: Branded Reseller.
Role Purpose: She/he will Play a critical role in the “on-boarding” of Branded Resellers. Once initial relationships have been established with a branded reseller and an MOU and NDA are in place a Project Manager will be assigned by the Head of Programs and Operations, and will be responsible for taking charge of the next phase from MOU to Launch.
The role will be to formalize with the partner a joint project plan which identifies all the key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver and launch the branded reseller into the market.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage delivery scheduled and budgets to ensure that all branded reseller project deliverables are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Capability to run concurrent projects with several partners.
- Formalize with the partner a joint project plan which identifies all the key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver and launch the branded reseller into the market.
- Builds strong relationships within and outside the organization; networks through formal and informal avenues; shares information, to improve collaboration throughout and beyond the organization.
- Use standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables, clearing and resolving issues and reporting to senior management.
- Prepare sound communication plans and manager information dissemination to all project stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project implementation from MOU to Launch.
Qualifications for the Project Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or other related fields
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in managing projects within the Telecommunications industry
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager
- Solid project management experience and qualifications are a prerequisite.
- Experience with Mobile Financial Solutions would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Familiarity with managing projects in a technical environment is also absolutely critical.
Professional Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Relationship building and Interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical abilities, business awareness and mobile money product knowledge;
- Strong Negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of financial analysis and interpretation advantageous
- Strong Risk / Control focus and ability to apply laws, regulations and policies appropriately to meet both the compliance obligations and business objectives;
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
How to Apply
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience, and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Applications should be sent by latest 2nd May 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.