We are currently looking for a Senior Marketing Officer who will design and implement BURN’s business customer channel marketing strategies. Working closely with the marketing, sales and expansion market departments, the Senior Marketing Officer will be responsible for creating and deploying marketing resources that are specially designed for each BURN customer and which support sales goals/initiatives.
The employee’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Strategy Development: In conjunction with BURN’s sales representatives, client account representatives, country managers, Director of Expansion, and the vice presidents of sales and marketing, devise marketing strategies that support BURN’s sales goals for customers in our target channels: Retail, Financial/Microfinancing Institutions, Distributors, Expansion markets. Partner directly with customers to develop these strategies to ensure they meet mutually beneficial needs.
- Marketing Programme Implementation: Based upon each customer’s strategy, implement the tactical marketing initiatives identified for each programme. Tactics will vary by customer and are limited only by the Senior Marketing Officer’s creativity, but could include: co-branded collateral, signage, retail merchandising campaigns, product displays, sales promotion campaigns, advertising, wall branding, events (with and without BURN’s brand ambassador), among others.
- Project Implementation: Liaise with third-party vendors — such as printers, wall branding firms, promotional advertising firms and others — to coordinate and implement the marketing programmes. Coordinate vendor budgeting and invoice processing with VP Marketing.
- Account Management and Monitoring: Working in conjunction with the VP Marketing, establish and manage marketing budgets for each customer programme. Provide monthly status/results reporting for each programme.
- Miscellaneous: Work in a team-based manner with Marketing Department colleagues and provide professional support for other departmental initiatives as needed and assigned.
- 3+ years of business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business marketing experience, whether in a corporate or marketing agency environment, particularly in roles with consumer- or client-facing responsibilities
- Superior writing, creativity and presentation skills
- Proven experience in strategizing, devising and executing original marketing programmes
- Marketing project implementation and management experience, including sourcing and direction of creative suppliers (such as printers, graphic designers or promotional advertising agencies)
- Ability to work collaboratively with BURN sales representatives to create marketing programmes which support product sales goals
- Budget management experience
- Professional marketing experience in any of the following industries: Grocery, General Trade Retail, Financial Services, Microfinance, SACCO, Social Enterprise
- Marketing experience in Kenya and/or East Africa
- Marketing experience targeting the Bottom of the Pyramid consumer sector
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
Position Reports To VP Marketing
Direct Reports: None
How To Apply
Send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com, including your salary expectations.