The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Regional Bureau Nairobi in the Procurement Unit . The position will be based at our Regional Bureau Nairobi. The Internship will be for a period of 8 months.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ [[Mathematics, Business Studies, Accounting, Economics]];
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
- [[ Online apps, SAP systems]]
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Procurement Unit with the following key duties:
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Execution of at least 5 regional tenders
- Produce at least 5 monthly proc reports
- Produce at least 5 market information reports
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Apply by 28th February 2018