The Kenya Airways Internship Program is a three (3) Month program to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at the professional level through on-the-job training as part of the course requirements, during vacations before resuming studies.
Internships are available in most of our business units which include Finance, Ground Services, Commercial, Technical, Human Resources, Information Systems, Flight Operations, Operations Control Centre and Cargo.
During the internship, students shall be placed in one of the departments or units of Kenya Airways and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
To be eligible for the Kenya Airways Internship Program, you must be:
- A citizen of Kenya A student pursuing an undergraduate degree/College diploma in an accredited university/college, who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply
- Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
Documentation that will be required should you be selected for internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
How To Apply
Click on the button below and create your account and update your account details on the KQ iRecruitment portal before applying for internship. We will not consider your application if it is incomplete, or if it contains false or inaccurate information.
Making duplicate applications will render your application invalid.
For the January – March program, applications are due by November 30th
For the April – June program, applications are due by February 28th
For the July – September program, applications are due by May 31st
For the October – December program applications are due by August 31st
- Cover Image
- External File kenya-airways-internship.pdf