1) Troubleshoot, repair and maintain hardware systems.
2) A good understanding of security infrastructure and systems would be an advantage.
3) Knowledge in Operating systems including windows, Linux (Ubuntu, cent OS, Fedora).
4) Knowledge in cisco networks, router configurations and LAN.
5) Knowledge in system diagnostic tools.
1) Proficiency in ERP skills
2) Proficiency in Microsoft office
3) Data mining and analysis
Critical Non Negotiables :
1) At least 1 year experience in the same or similar position in a mid-sized organization.
2) Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related course.
3) Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and diagnose IT systems and hardware.
- Ensures incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders are recorded and handled in a courteous manner.
- Prioritize and schedule problems, escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the end user request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
How To Apply
To apply for the above post kindly send your resume and cover letter with the subject IT SUPPORT to Jobs@modern.co.ke by 15th June 2018.