Great opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who likes to develop his/her career in an international ICT setting in a Kenyan office.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Work experience: 1-2 years
Qualifications: relevant Bachelor’s degree
About our Google Cloud solutions:
Cloud is booming! And there are good reasons for it. Why would you invest in on-premise infrastructure if you can just pay for what you use. Having cost effective, secure and scalable cloud solutions gives ours customers great competitive advantage. Cloud is the future, and it is here now. We are the only Google Premier Partner in Kenya and offer the best of the Cloud to our customers in east Africa!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible person that understands the Cloud and help our customers make the transit smoothly.
With this opportunity you will get to know the Google Cloud inside and out, after which you are able to configure and transfer on-premise solutions to the Google Cloud. We offer an official training program and support you to get certified as Google Cloud Architect.
We are looking for someone who likes to work in a complex environment with inspiring colleagues, inspiring clients and lots of learning opportunities.
With your ambitions and drive to get better everyday, you bring energy and inspiration to the team of Google Cloud consultants that share different kinds of knowledges (from sales to programming). You will assist in shaping our strategy and build a close relationship with both our team in Nairobi and also with our specialists in the Netherlands.
- You will have an important role in establishing a team for our office in Nairobi that will deliver great Google Cloud solutions.
- You will discuss our GCP migration and implementation with the Google tech support team, our Dutch specialists and work towards the best possible solutions.
- You are all round and able to development and implementation of Google Cloud solutions together with our Dutch certified Google consultants
You need to bring:
- Understanding of and experience in cloud platforms, and how to operate in them.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You understand how networks and infrastructure works have and are familiar with their protocols.
- Previous experience with working in an team would be a great advantage!
Besides knowledge we are looking for the following competencies:
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience as a network engineer
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas e.g. ICT, Computer Science, web design, etc.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills and are not scared of discussing possible solutions with customers.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with Western management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to assist in a growing office.
- Energized and passionate about all you do in life.
- Flexible, open for new challenges and able to think out of the box.
- Responsible for finishing the work on time.
- Real team player who works together with other specialists in order to create the best result.
- Your assertive attitude enables you to collaborate remotely in a virtual team.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to train and become a Google certified expert in Google Cloud.
- Healthcare and a healthy lunch at the office
- Working with and receiving training and coaching from some of the best developers of The Netherlands.
- Working in an agile environment with little hierarchy, lots of autonomy and many growing opportunities with a great focus on employee happiness.
- Play in the top league, work at the only Google Premier Partner in Kenya
- Great employment opportunity with room for creativity, development of your own career and inspiring team building. In the Netherlands we were awarded the ‘Best Place to Work – Award’ in 2017.
- A competitive salary
How to Apply
ONLY apply if you do have relevant knowledge and work experience: minimum of 1 year experience and a relevant degree, for your application to be included in the recruitment process.
If you are the one we are looking for, please send your cv, application letter and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org