Position: Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Reporting to: Enterprise Technical Support Helpdesk Manager
To provide to all clients, technical support and troubleshooting guidance together with relevant teams within the organization, in areas pertaining to Wide Area Network(WAN), Local Area Network(LAN), Internet, data, voice, mail and LAN services queries from customers satisfactorily within the defined scope and laid down standards processes & procedures within the Helpdesk or Onsite & carry out service reviews with clients ensuring they derive value from services provided by TKL.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Appropriate use of all monitoring tools available to enable identification and capturing of network faults and or alarms and taking appropriate action as per defined standards and procedures. SolarWinds, Cacti, U2000, Intermapper, Nagios, Sandvine etc.)
- Create Incident tickets and maintain accurate and timely updates in the ticketing system, escalate incidents as needed to relevant teams
- Carry out diagnostic checks to confirm fault and identify the cause of the network faults and or alarm.
- Perform equipment checks remotely using automated monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Interface directly with Internal and External Enterprise Engineers/Technicians to gather insight on the fault, receive updates and update all concerned teams based on updates received.
- Properly assess impact to core network/services and resulting impact to Customers and escalate appropriately(Receive escalations from the ETS helpdesk team and correlate those incidents into larger service impacting problems)
- Analyze recurring network incident and propose improvement plans with help from relevant teams
- Offer technical support in relation to all company products to all clients assigned to ETS team as per defined standards and procedures.
- Configure, update, and optimize the various monitoring systems
- Provide accurate and timely feedback and reports to line manager and Head of ETS as may be required
- Continuous growth in skill set through successfully getting/acquiring training resulting in a demonstrable increase in skill set and thus an overall improvement in output provided.
- Maintain strong situational awareness of changes being performed throughout the core network through a solid change management process.
- Meet quality objectives by following the recommended guidelines provided for quality management
- Assist Help Desk team where needed in case of influx of or as per assignment given by the shift manager.
- Continuous growth in skill set through successfully getting/acquiring training resulting in demonstrable increase in skill set and thus overall improvement in output provided.
- Any other duty as may be assigned and or delegated by line manager.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or related field from a recognized institution
- 2-3 year’s work experience in a senior technical support role within the telecommunication industry
- Cisco Certified Network Associate is a Plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI Model and standard network technologies
- Excellent communication skills and clear English.
- Customer & results orientation
- Experience with managing Enterprise customers’ expectations
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet 24/7 business requirements
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 30th April 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.