BURN is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Design Engineer Fellow position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kiambu.
BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate as a Design Engineering Fellow in our factory in Ruiru, Kenya. Responsibilities include:
- Conceptual and detailed design of clean burning cookstoves for East Africa
- Research and developing manufacturing processes including designing tools for production
- Fabrication including sheet metal forming, welding, and general metal fabrication
- Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
- Mechanical engineering, product development, or industrial design background
- Familiarity with basic equipment and tools, such as drill press, mill, lathe, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Background in heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- High level organizational skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Goal oriented
- Practical working experience
- Preference for experience with CNC, sheet metal, production environments, or process development
Location and Duration:
12-month fellowship in Ruiru, Kenya to begin in Jan 2019. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,100 per month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round-trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
How To Apply
Send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org