The KNCHR invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following internship position.
Complaints and Investigations Internship
Department: Complaints and Investigations Department
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Nairobi
- To work closely with Programme /Departmental heads and staff in order to learn from the work of the Commission in various departments.
- Assist in Programme/Work plan implementation and assist in running and maintaining various Programmes in KNCHR,
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Programme Officers.
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Proven research, writing and communication capability
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
For more information about the programmes/departments, visit the KNCHR website www.knchr.org
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, send your application letter together with a detailed CV indicating the department/programme you are applying to, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 11th February, 2018.
The Commission Secretary
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only Applications that reference the department applied to will be considered.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- External File 1_Internship-Advert-HR-and-CID-2018.pdf