SureGifts creates and sells vouchers that are used for retail products in Africa. We build an end to end system that generates, distributes and redeem vouchers. We are in partnership with dozens of merchants across Africa and we’re looking to expand our network.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, Sales, to expand SureGifts partnerships across the Market. Our Ideal candidate has a strong local network and passion for sales. This is an exciting opportunity to drive corporate sales and partnerships across East Africa.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sales, deal-closing, brand reputation, and relationship management.
- Represent SureGifts on the front lines with potential customers (retail and corporates) and partners.
- Pitch Suregifts suites of products, adapt them to client’s needs, and respond to client’s feedback.
- Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and strategic initiatives.
- Stay on top of market conditions regarding products, product updates, service offerings, new technologies and competition.
- Conduct research to identify and validate new markets and customer needs.
- Scope/design approaches to capture business development opportunities.
- Integrate customer and partner product needs and contract requirements with support of internal team of Product Managers and implementation specialists.
- Close new business deals in target sectors by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts.
- Communicate with partners and customers on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
- Responsible for achieving strategic account targets.
- Provide regular pipeline reports, forecasts and activity.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- 4+ years work experience in technology solution sales or business development.
- University Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills.
- Successful track record selling new business and products in emerging markets.
- Technical savvy — able to easily interact with software developers, product managers and solutions architects.
- Draw data-driven business insights to solve problems and uncover opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills juggling multiple deadlines.
- Experienced qualifying prospects and counter-parties rigorously using quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- Self-motivated, able to work with a high degree of autonomy.