SureGifts creates and sells vouchers that are used for retail products in Africa. We build an end to end system that generates, distributes and redeem vouchers. We are in partnership with dozens of merchants across Africa and we’re looking to expand our network.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, Merchants, to expand SureGifts partnerships across the Market. Our Ideal candidate has a strong local network and passion for sales. This is an exciting opportunity to drive merchant acquisition, sales and partnerships across East Africa.
- Establishes and maintains business plan to grow merchant acquisitions.
- Develops a clear understanding of the strategic goal of the business and translates this into strategies for merchant acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Promote and make presentations to merchants, retailers and other entities across Nigeria to acquire new partnerships;
- Maintain merchants relationships to ensure continual growth and sales targets.
- Leverage on prospects and contract new merchants and partners by presenting the appropriate solutions.
- Generate, maintain and increase business opportunities with existing merchants.
- Provide customer data to the merchants to show the value SureGifts adds to their business.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as and when needed on market comparison analysis, feasibility studies etc.
- Design and create business proposals to merchants.
- Design, create and make presentations to close deals.
- Develop and grow merchant sales and support the sales team as required.
- Conduct research to identify and validate new markets needs.
- Scope/design approaches to capture business development opportunities.
- Communicate with merchants on a regular basis and responds to specific queries.
- Ensure merchant staff are trained to ensure excellent in-store customer experiences.
- Act as business champion and subject matter expert for all merchant services.
- Responsible for achieving strategic account targets.
- 4+ years work experience in technology solution sales or business development.
- University Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills.
- Successful track record selling new business and products in emerging markets.
- Technical savvy — able to easily interact with software developers, product managers and solutions architects.
- Draw data driven business insights to solve problems and uncover opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills juggling multiple deadlines.
- Experienced qualifying prospects and counter-parties rigorously using quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- Self-motivated, able to work with a high degree of autonomy.