Vacancy: Backend Developer (Female)
Company: Baobab Circle Limited
Location: Nairobi (covering Africa)
Baobab circle Limited is a UK based startup with presence in Kenya and a few other African countries, which provides e-health services to people living with lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and hypertension in Africa. Baobab Circle has implemented Afya Pap a smart mobile application a useful companion for people managing lifestyle diseases.
Being an equal opportunity partner, Baobab circle is looking to recruit a female Backend Developer to be the Lead Developer for its mobile application and USSD service. This lead developer will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Lead Developer will be responsible for all the tech development work on both the smartphone and USSD apps of Afya Pap.
1. At least 3 years of back-end development with current applications that are in use.
2. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related course is an added advantage.
3. Have experience in developing, deploying and maintaining mobile applications.
1. Implementing new product features and improving existing codebase
2. Ensure necessary tests (unit and integration) are carried out and passed before new code or features are added to the live application core
3. Build reusable code and libraries for future use
4. Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
5. Implementation of security and data protection
6. Implementation of monitoring tools that track system performance and availability
7. Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
8. Ensure adequate documentation of features they have built so that the support team can easily handle any issues that may arise
1. Experience in creating and consuming restful APIs.
2. Strong in PHP 7and Node.js and for backend software development
3. In-depth understanding of SQL and NoSQL database management. Having experience with dynamodb will be an added advantage.
4. Great Linux experience with ability to monitor and track how the system is utilizing resources
5. Proficient understanding of code versioning using git and management of code repositories on github
How to Apply
Please send your resumes and cover letters stating your experience with developing mobile applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 10th May 2018