The incumbent will be responsible for providing Level 2/3 (L2/L3) Technical & Functional Support of Channel Applications (Cards) and ensuring proper closure & resolution of issues (Which entails proper call logging, escalation & follow through to completion) on these systems within the defined Service Level Agreements. Making recommendations of procedure modifications or improvements that would aid in the flow of business operations.
The incumbent will report to the Manager,ICT Channel Support and will be responsible for:
• Supervising and ensuring 24×7 Card Systems operations (Switch/ATMs).
• Providing L2/L3 Support on Card Systems (Switch/ATMs)
• Monitoring Card Systems (Switch/ATMs) availability and performance. Taking corrective actions to ensure Systems/Applications availability, resolving issues, and coordinating with other team members and vendors.
• Participating in new product rollouts, testing, documentation, operational improvement projects and complying with Change Management process for banking systems.
• Documenting, reviewing and updating all processes and procedures related to ICT Systems
• Adhering to Bank’s policies and procedures in managing and supporting banking applications.
• Providing assistance in conducting DR drills.
• Ensure the following:
o Uptime of services being offered through banking channels as per SLA.
o Proactively monitoring services and transactions.
o Issues related to bugs, fixes are taken up with the vendor, and regular follow-up is being done for delivery of patches and testing after receipt of patches within specified SLA time frames.
o Issues raised by the business users are resolved within specified SLA time frames with proper communication to relevant stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing and supporting Card Systems in a banking environment.
• Exposure to application support model & emerging technologies across diverse platforms.
• Good understanding for banking applications, services, standards and best practices,
• Good understanding of Oracle, SQL, PL-SQL, JAVA, C++, .NET and other such certifications recommended
• Good Knowledge of ATM Switch (Technical & Functional)
• Good Understanding of ISO 8583
• Good Knowledge of Various Card Schemes and Networks.
• Good understanding of the following platforms, applications, databases and utilities:
o UNIX / Linux / MS Windows Server
o Oracle, SQL
o Web Technologies (J2EE, IIS, Apache)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills .
• Abreast with existing and emerging information and communications technologies;
• Able to adapt /adjust to various work demands
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and multi task
• Ability to work in a 24×7 environment
• Analytical, troubleshooting & problem solving skills
• Should demonstrate an understanding of the banks, vision, mission and culture
• Understanding of banking processes, technologies and best practices (added advantage)
• Good leadership skills
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 15th February 2018.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: email@example.com (preferred option)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.